CODE OF CONDUCT FOR SPECTATORS
- STATEMENT OF PHILOSOPHY
The member schools encourage the attendance of students, parents and interested members of the community at all athletic events. We further encourage their active support of these programs by participating in those activities which lend themselves to stimulating student achievement, good sportsmanship, and school spirit. These activities should be positive in nature and within the guidelines of the PIAA Code of Conduct. It is not our intent to reduce the involvement of spectators or the enjoyment of those who participate. Rather, it is our goal to create an atmosphere which is conducive to healthy athletic competition, is safe for those involved, and which provides the ideals of sportsmanship and sound educational practices.
SPECTATOR CODE OF CONDUCT (Violators of this Code are subject to eviction from the site.)
- Spectators are an important part of the game and shall at all times conform to accepted standards of good sportsmanship and behavior.
- Spectators shall at all times respect officials, coaches and players and extend all courtesies to them.
- Wholesome cheering is encouraged.
- Taunting, foul and abusive language, noisemakers, inflammatory remarks, and disrespectful signs and behavior are not acceptable, and are grounds for removal from a contest.
- Faculty supervised pep bands are permitted during dead ball time. However, spectator noise makers or sound devices are prohibited.
- Spectators shall observe and obey the rules and regulations of the school concerning smoking, food and soft drink consumption, and use of lavatory facilities and parking of cars.
- Pennsylvania State law prohibits alcoholic beverages of any kind on school property; the law further prohibits any person under the influence of alcohol to be on school property.
- Spectators shall respect and obey all school officials, supervisors, and police at all athletic contests.
- Bookbags/backpacks are not permitted into the stadium/gymnasium. Drinks are also not permitted to be brought into the stadium/gymnasium.
- There is a cost to attend night events in the stadium and gymnasium at Kennett High School.