Sports Medicine Team Information
|Brett Colelli LAT, ATC
Head Athletic Trainer
NovaCare Rehabilitation|Kennett High School firstname.lastname@example.org
|Joseph D’Uva PT, DPT, TPI
6286 Limestone Rd., Hockessin, DE 19707
|Brian T. Vernau, MD CAQSM
Pediatric and Adolescent Primary Care Sports Medicine|Division of Orthopedics
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
819 Baltimore Pike, Glen Mills, PA 19342
|Brett Schiller, DPT
689 Unionville Rd. Suite 1, Kennett Square, PA 19348
*** For all scheduling purposes with Team Physical Therapists and Physician, please contact Head AT Paul Diorio **
Sports Physical Forms | Concussion Policy and Specialists | Emergency Action Plan | Lightning Policy
Informational Links and FAQ’s
- Do I need to report injuries that occurred outside of KHS events?
- If an athlete is seen by a physician, please ask the physician to provide a Return to Sports/Activity clearance note or guidelines to be given to the Athletic Trainer. Any physician notes must be submitted to the Athletic Trainer (via email or in person) before student-athletes return to activity. It would very much appreciated and beneficial to inform the Athletic Trainer of any injuries or procedures that occur during the off season or during other activities so that proper care can be given to the athlete.
- Where can the Athletic Trainer be found?
- The Head Athletic Trainer can be found in the Athletic Training Room (next to the Health & PE Classroom) from 1pm-3pm on weekdays. At 3pm the AT will begin to rotate field coverage for all sports. An Athletic Trainer will also be present at the Legacy Fields from 3pm till the end of daily events. Athletes should ask their coach to contact the Athletic Trainer if needed during practices.
- What happens if my child gets hurt while playing sports at KHS?
- If your student-athlete gets hurt during a KHS Sports Event, they will be evaluated and cared for by one of the Athletic Trainers. The AT will then contact you to provide an update on the athlete’s status. Certain injuries may require referral.
- Useful Links
- NovaCare Athletic Training Services
- CDC Heads Up (Concussion Information)
- Dehydration and Heat Illness
- Nutrition Tips for Activity
- Overuse Injuries and How to Avoid Them
- Shin Splints and How to Prevent Them
- The Power of Sleep and It’s Importance!
- Nutrition to Help Injury Recovery
- Tips to Reduce Youth Athletic Burnout
KHS School Nurses’ Information
|Susan Steuber RN, BSN, CSN | ssteuber@ kcsd.org
|Jane Heemer, RN | email@example.com
|Kennett High School 100 E. South St, Kennett Square, PA 19348 Ph 610-444-6615|Fax 610-444-7013|